Our groomers have been professionally trained and are highly qualified (See biography link for profiles on our staff). They each have specialty breed-specific talents. We will make every effort to accommodate your individual grooming requests. Long hair or short, big or small, we groom them all with TENDER LOVING CARE and to the very best of our ability.
Taking your pet to the groomer should not be a stressful experience for you or your pet. As long-time pet owners, we understand your concerns about how your dog or cat is cared for, and can assure you that your pet will be treated with the same respect and loving care we give our own pets.
We groom cats as well as dogs, however, since the majority of our grooming pet clients are dogs, the following information pertains to that species.
Grooming can and should be an enjoyable part of every dog's life. We recommend that you start them as early as possible so that your pet will grow accustomed to the process. We will teach your pet to stand on a table without being afraid. We will also help them get used to brushing, bathing, nail trimming, and clipping. We will make every effort to develop a trusting relationship with your dog.
As a dog owner you can also help out by frequently handling your dog’s ears and rubbing his legs and feet so that he won't be alarmed when we work on those areas. Regular grooming can prevent several problems including painful mats, skin disorders, excessive shedding, flea and tick infestation, and many other conditions that can go unnoticed without regular grooming.
INFORMATION ON OUR GROOMING SERVICES
Frequent bathing helps keep your pet's skin healthy and the coat clean and shiny. Bathing will also help to remove loosened hair and help to keep your home clean and free of fur. At House of Hounds we only use natural shampoos that are biodegradable, cruelty free, and non-toxic for your pet. If your dog or cat requires special shampoo, be sure to let us know.
How often your pet needs to be groomed depends largely on the breed. Shih tzus, poodles and many other breeds typically need to be groomed (and trimmed) every four to six weeks. Others may wish to be bathed more frequently. Wire-haired terriers and other short-haired dogs can go about eight weeks between grooming. We can put your pet on a regular schedule according to his or her needs. Your pet will leave our salon looking and feeling great!
Dog Grooming Estimated Prices
Most Smaller breeds that receive a haircut start at $40
|Small dogs tiny - 25lbs||$25.00 - $45.00|
|Med dogs 25 - 50lbs||$35.00 - $75.00|
|Large dogs 50 - 80lbs||$55.00 - $100.00|
|X Large dogs 80lbs & up||$65.00 - $125.00|
Professional Cat Grooming
Lion Clips starting at $80 Includes squeeky clean bath!
Kitten Clips starting at $90 Includes squeeky clean bath!
Nail Clippings $15 Included with haircut/bath!
Comb & Brush Outs (no bath) $35
Dog Grooming Available Add Ons
- Hand Stripping- The dead hair is pulled out, instead of cutting the hair with clippers, so a new wire coat can grow in. Clipping or stripping is a matter of choice. In the hands of one of our professional groomer's , haircuts look great, but clipping changes coat texture and dilutes color. Chances are, a clipped terrier coat will never grow back as hard as it started out. - Add $20.00-$60.00 depending on breed.
- Express Grooming – usually within one hour depending on the breed, where your furry friend won't go in a cage, we'll start to finish as soon as you arrive while you lounge in our lobby. This is a great option for owners who want VIP service! We'll cater to you and your dogs every need! – add $18.00
- Hair Dye- seven bright colors that make a bold fashion statement. Dyes are completely non-toxic and semi-permanent. Coloring results may vary with coat type and breed. - add $5.00-$35.00 depending on breed
- Fleas-Dogs that are infested with fleas will receive all natural Neem Bath – add $10.00.
- Mud Treatment helps detoxify the skin allowing it to better absorb moisture. Treatment removes dead skin cells, sooth itchy or inflamed skin and enhances circulation – add $10.00.
All prices are based on weight, coat condition, and dogs activity & are subject to change at any time.